Parks & Recreation
Covid- 19 Re-Opening of Parks & Facilities
We are happy to announce the plans of re-opening our parks and its facilities.
We know there are many questions about the plans. Therefore, we have set up a FAQ( frequently asked questions ),
page for you to click on in search for answers. Link here: Frequently Asked Questions
If you find you don't have your questions answered, please call our office at:636-583-8471.
Dates of Re-Opening:
June 3- Athletic Fields open
June 5- Splashpad, Playgrounds, and some restrooms open
June 8- Basketball, Tennis, Volleyball, and Shuffleboard courts open
June 19- Movie night at Union City Park. Movie is "WonderPark"
June 25- Park Board Advisory Meeting
July 1- Splash N Swimplex opens to residents that reside within city limits of Union
July 3- Fireworks at Veteran Memorial Park
August 7- Concert in the park at Union City park @ the large pavilion, starring Melissa Potter Band(swing/jazz)
Union Memorial Auditorium
Phone: (636) 583-8471
Parks, recreation, and open space provide personal, social, environmental and economic benefits and are important to our quality of life. As the City grows, new places are needed where residents can play, relax, meet their neighbors, and enjoy the natural environment. Thoughtful parks, recreation programming and open space planning makes sure that we continue to improve our quality of life for future generations. This is the charge of the City of Union’s Parks & Recreation Department which includes:
- Ensuring stakeholders and residents have adequate public involvement opportunities to provide input for decision-making
- Providing planning and design for new parks, recreation areas, trails, and open space amenities
- Acquiring new land for neighborhood and community parks, natural areas, and open space
- Facilitating the parks giving program, including memorial bench, tree planting, specific event donations and many other parks donation opportunities
- Joining with area residents, related public agencies, and community partners to continuously improve the quality, safety, availability and accessibility of parks and open space