Farmers Market Vendor Registration
- Only locally produced, handmade, or self-grown products allowed. Reselling of products not grown on your farm or handcrafted by you is prohibited. Exceptions may be made at the sole discretion of The City of Union.
- Vendors are responsible for offering fresh, high quality, fairly priced products. Each vendor may set prices in consideration of customer satisfaction and fairness to other sellers.
- All prices must be clearly posted or marked. Vendors are responsible for paying all State and Local sales taxes.
- Value Added Agricultural Products include raw agricultural products grown by the seller that have been processed or any whose sale a government agency regulates. Examples are jellies, jams, oils, vinegars, and soaps. The members must make all value-added products predominately of material grown or gathered by them.
- Vendors selling eggs, meat and/or dairy products must have the required license from the Missouri Department of Agriculture (MDA). Live animals/poultry is not allowed.
- Processed products must be individually wrapped, and labeled prior to being brought to the Market and must meet Missouri Department of Agriculture and Franklin County health standards. For more info, visit http://health.mo.gov/safety/foodsafety/industryfoods/retailfoods/farmersmarkets.php
- Processed food product labels must include the name and address of the Preparer, ingredients in the food and the statement: “This product is prepared in a kitchen that is not subject to inspection by the Department of Health and Senior Services.”
- Vendor Responsibilities:
- Vendor is required to register with the City of Union. A permit will be issued to registered vendors and must be displayed upon request.
- Any state sales tax, USDA licenses, Franklin County Health permits are the responsibility of the vendor.
- All vendors must display a sign in their stall clearly identifying the name of the vendor.
- Vendor must supply a table and/or display rack for displaying produce/crafts.
- Tents and canopies must be no larger than 12x12 and safely secured by the vendor with appropriate weights on each leg of tent/canopy.
- No power is available. If generators are used, they must be quiet, odor-free, and moved away from booths/people.
- Saturday morning market vendor spaces are first come, first serve. No market manager is on site. There are no booth assignments for Saturday mornings, however vendors should confirm attendance by noon on Friday before.
- Setup and Tear down- All Friday Market vendors must arrive at the Market by 2:30 pm and be ready to sell by 2:55 pm. Vendors with multiple "No call No shows" will forfeit ability to vend. Vendors must remain set up until 7 pm closing time. No breaking down early!
- Friday Market Manager reserves the right to move or assign vendors to spaces to improve the overall product placement, layout and function of the Market.
- Due to limited number of spaces, vendors may be asked to rotate turns. There is NO seniority.
- Once all booth spaces are full, the Market Manager reserves the right to turn away late vendors.
- Large Food Trucks are encouraged to arrive early to avoid difficult and tight maneuvering.
- Vendors are responsible for cleaning all trash and waste within and around their allotted space.
- Other Matters:
- Vendors must be a resident of Franklin County or surrounding counties.
- The City of Union has waived vendor’s licenses for permit holders.
- Anyone not complying with these guidelines will be given a warning by the City of Union Representative the first time; permit will be revoked for a second infraction.
- Vendors must always conduct themselves in a pleasant and courteous manner. All children in care of the vendor must be supervised by an adult at the vendor's booth. No smoking is allowed in the market area at any time.